Best Egg Crate Mattress Topper Reviews- 5 Mattress Toppers for Comfort and Support
You’re here because you’re looking for the Best Egg Crate Mattress Topper in the market right now. Well, read on because we have quite a few ideal selections for you.
If you suffer from back pain, joint pain, arthritis, neck, and shoulder pain, you’ll need more than just a good orthopedic mattress. Sleeping on a quality egg crate mattress topper, like the ones you see in hospital beds, will guarantee comfort, support, and pain relief.
In hospitals, egg crate mattress toppers are used to not only help the patients enjoy a good night’s sleep, but also speed up their recovery especially from surgery.
And unlike regular memory foam mattress or mattress surface, egg crate toppers prevent bedsores, thanks to their ability to allow for greater airflow. Chances of experiencing discomfort and over sweating are minimized.
The topper also relieves pain from lower back pain, shoulders, neck, and joints by reducing pressure points. The result is a comfortable, painless sleep.
Below in the review section are good examples of egg crate mattress toppers.
See how the toppers have bumps and dips whose purpose is to increase air flow and reduce pressure points in your body.
Read also: Best Sacroiliac Belt
Benefits of Egg Crate Mattress Pad- The Pros
Well, unlike regular flat mattress toppers, the unique design of egg crate toppers comes with a list of benefits. They include;
- Great pressure relief and pain relief in the back neck, shoulders, and joints, stress relief
- Greater airflow- prevents over sweating and bedsores, while reducing discomfort
- Conforms to your spine natural position, preventing back pain and other spinal problems
- Provides a soft feel to a firm mattress- perfect addition if your new mattress is very firm
- Doubles as a flat mattress topper- simply flip the topper over if you want to switch from the bumps to a flat surface
Should You Really Buy an Egg Crate Mattress Topper?
Of course yes! An egg crate mattress topper is worth having as it’s the only mattress topper that is designed to provide pressure and pain relief to your body.
Even if you don’t suffer from back pain, arthritis, shoulder, or neck pain, you’ll still enjoy the comfort and support provided by this topper.
Plus most brands are way cheaper compared to regular memory foam mattress toppers.
That said, here are the top 9 best egg crate mattress toppers you should consider checking out..
Name Image Sizes Price
1.Milliard 2-Inch Egg Crate Ventilated Memory Foam Mattress Topper Twin,Full,Queen,King
2.Vaunn Medical Egg Crate Convoluted Foam Mattress Pad Hospital (32” X 73”
Standard Twin (38” X 75”)
3.Linenspa 3 Inch Convoluted Gel Swirl Mattress Topper Twin, Twin XL,Full, Queen, King, California King 4.Milliard 2in. Egg Crate Gel Mattress Topper Full, Queen, King 5.Vaunn Medical Egg Crate Convoluted Foam Mattress Pad Hospital (32” X 70”)
Standard Twin (38” X 75”)
9 Best Egg Crate Foam Mattress Topper Reviews for 2019
1.Milliard 2-Inch Egg Crate Mattress Topper– Best Egg Crate Mattress Topper
The Milliard 2-Inch Egg Crate Mattress Topper is our top selection for the best egg crate memory foam mattress topper.
As you can see from the image above, the Milliard 2-Inch Egg Crate Ventilated Mattress Topper has an “egg crate” design with bumps and dips.
The Milliard mattress topper provides the much needed relief from back, shoulder, joint, muscle, and neck pain by reducing pressure points. This, in addition to preventing bed sores and enhancing comfort by increasing airflow (through the open cell technology).
The Milliard egg crate mattress topper is constructed with a high-quality 2-inches thick memory foam material which ensures long lasting use.
This egg crate is available in various sizes including;
- Twin- 73” x 37” x 2”
- Full- 52” x 73” x 2”
- Queen- 58” x 78” x 2”
- King- 74” x 78” x 2”
Unlike some mattress toppers, this egg crate topper provides a soft feel on your firm mattress. It’s a perfect choice especially if you’re trying to break into your new mattress.
The mattress topper is also hypoallergenic and anti-microbial, making it an excellent choice if you have allergy or asthma.
And thanks to its open cell technology, this mattress topper promotes better airflow for a cool comfort all through the night (especially during summer).
NB: According to the manufacturer, this egg crate mattress topper is designed to be a little bit smaller than the standard mattress size to ensure maximum functionality.
Another thing, the topper is usually compressed while packed. That’s why the manufacturer recommends allowing up to 96 hours to fully decompress. In other words, allow the topper to decompress before using it. It sucks having to wait that long but it’s the only way to ensure maximum comfort and functionality.
Also, the egg crate topper may expel some odor. The manufacturer says the odor does not trigger allergic reactions, but it may not augur well with those with a hypersensitive sense of smell. The smell will go away in just a few days/weeks though, so this shouldn’t be a cause for concern.
Milliard Egg Crate Mattress Topper Pros and Cons
- Reduces pressure points which prevents bed sores
- Relieves back pain, neck pain, joint pain, muscle pain, and joint pain
- Improves circulation in the body
- Enhance airflow for cool comfort and reduced sweating
- Creates a soft feel on your firm mattress
- Hypoallergenic and antimicrobial
- Durable construction
- Takes too long to decompress- waiting 96 hours for it to decompress clearly sucks
- Unpleasant odor, which can be a big deal for those with a hypersensitive sense of smell
- The bumps may flatten over time
Read also: Best Seat Cushions for Back Pain
A CertiPUR-US Certified Foam, high-quality USA-made egg crate mattress topper, the Vaunn Medical Egg Crate Convoluted Foam Mattress Pad does not compromise on your safety or your comfort.
This egg crate 2.5 inches egg crate mattress topper reduces pressure on your back to prevent bed sores, a common problem with patients. But this mattress pad isn’t just recommended for patients.
The bumps on this topper reduce pressure points on your back, muscles, neck, shoulder, and joints, providing maximum pain relief. Its particularly ideal if you’re a back pain sufferer.
That’s not all.
The Vaunn Medical Egg Crate Mattress Topper promotes better circulation in your body. It does this by evenly distributing your body weight from head to toe, thus promoting speedy, healthy recovery.
This in addition to promoting comfort and support.
The topper comes in two different sizes;
- Standard Twin which measures 38” X 75”
- Hospital which measures 32” X 73”
NB: Give the mattress topper about 3-5 days to fully expand for maximum functionality
Vauun Medical Egg Crate Mattress Topper Pros and Cons
- Reduces pressure points- preventing bed sores
- Relieves back pain, neck pain, shoulder pain, joint pain, and muscle pain
- Providing cooling comfort- no night sweats
- Mattress topper is supportive and very comfortable
- Provides a soft feel on your firm mattress
- Made in USA
- Mattress topper is CertiPUR-US Certified Foam
- Lightweight and durable construction
- Made with superior quality medical grade Urethane
- Takes too long to decompress- 3-5 days- some people are not that patient
The LineSpa 3-Inch Gel Swirl Egg Crate design is much more than just the aesthetic appeal it rocks. This unique gel egg crate topper does a great job reducing pressure points, relieving pain, and keeping temperature at optimal levels for quality sleep all night long.
Besides that, this topper conforms to your body which aligns your spine, reducing pressure points. This topper acts as the perfect shield from muscle pain, back pain, neck, joint, and shoulder pain.
The cooling gel integrated into this topper provides you with cooling comfort while calming your aching parts.
This particular topper has a 3-inch thickness, though there is a 2-inch option as well.
The egg crate topper is also available in 6 different sizes including;
- Twin XL
- California King
You can use this topper alongside this best-selling mattress from the same company, the Linenspa 10 Inch Memory Foam and Innerspring Hybrid Mattress.
LineSpa Egg Crate Gel Swirl Memory Foam Mattress Topper Pros and Cons
- Relieves body aches in the back, joints, muscles, neck, and shoulders
- Prevents bedsores especially in patients
- Promotes airflow which reduces nightsweats
- Conforms to your body and properly aligns your spine for a restful sleep and reduced risk of back pain and other problems
- Cooling mattress topper- no need to worry about excessive sweating during the night
- Quality and lightweight construction
- Prolongs the life of your mattress
- Available in a wide range of sizes and thickness
- Affordable compared to regular mattress toppers
- Backed by a 3-year Warranty
- Few complaints about low quality
The Milliard 2-Inch Egg Crate Memory Foam Mattress Topper boasts of a unique egg crate gel texture that conforms to your body to reduce pressure points.
By reducing pressure points and by properly aligning your spine, this topper prevents bedsores while reducing back pain, muscle pain, arthritis joint pain, neck, and shoulder pain
Even better, its open cell technology boosts circulation while the cooling gel provides a cooling, calming effects for a good night’s sleep.
Generally, Milliard’s egg crate design provides you with optimal comfort and support, which is perfect after a long, hard day at work.
Built to last, the Milliard topper is constructed with superior quality high density foam. The bumps and the topper itself will most likely last years of regular use.
You’ll also be happy to know that this Milliard mattress topper is hypoallergenic and antimicrobial. It’s an excellent mattress topper choice for allergy and asthma sufferers.
As far as size is concerned, this 2-inches topper comes in three sizes;
- Full- x 52in. x 2in.
- Queen- x 58in. x 2in.
- King- x 74in. x 2in.
Milliard 2-Inches Egg Crate Gel Memory Foam Mattress Topper Pros and Cons
- Reduces pressure points
- Ideal for back pain, muscle pain, arthritis, joint pain, neck, and shoulder pain
- Boosts circulation
- Prevents bedsores
- Boasts of a lightweight yet durable construction
- Perfect temperature regulator- no more nightsweats
- Will fit under tight sheets
- Available in Full, Queen, and King sizes
- Reasonably priced
- Meets CentiPUR-US standards
- Has a tolerable odor which will go away in a day or two
Read also: Best Heating Pads for Back Pain
The Vaunn Medical Egg Crate Mattress Pad reduces pressure on your back and other pressure points to reduce bedsores.
Like other egg crate style toppers, the Vaunn’s bumps promote comfort and provide optimal support for patients as well as those suffering from back, neck, shoulder, muscle, and joint pain and aches.
Built to last, the Vaunn egg crate mattress topper is constructed with high-quality medical grade urethane. It won’t flatten over time.
If you often experience excessive sweating during the night, this mattress topper promotes airflow which allows you to enjoy cool and dry comfort all night long.
The topper comes in two sizes;
- Hospital- 32” X 70”
- Standard Twin- 38” X 75”
If you wish to extend the comfort, support, and reduce your pain outside the bedroom, you can also get yourself this Egg Crate Sculpted Foam Seat Cushion with Full Back.
Vaunn Medical Egg Crate Convoluted Foam Mattress Pad Pros and Cons
- Prevents bedsores by reducing pressure points
- Provides great relief from back, neck, shoulder, muscle, and joint pain from arthritis
- Increases comfort and support
- Conforms to your body and evenly distributes your weight for optimal comfort and improved circulation
- Aligns to your spine, preventing back pain and other spinal related problems
- Prevents excessive sweating at night
- Lightweight and long lasting
- Won’t flatten over time
- Way cheaper compared to most brands
- CertiPUR-US Certified Foam
- Few complaints about not decompressing completely
Read also: 5 Best Back Support Belts for Back Pain
Best Egg Crate Mattress Topper Reviews- Wrapping it Up
There you have it….the perfect egg crate mattress pads for back pain, comfort, and support.
When it comes to painful conditions like back pain, sometimes, it’s the little things that matter. Of course, a supportive mattress will go a long way to prevent your back pain from becoming worse. But a quality egg crate mattress topper can really make your pain much more bearable.
Hopefully, our comprehensive review of the top 5 best egg crate mattress topper will help you choose the perfect one for you.