5 Best Back Support Belt for Lower Back Pain
Whether you work in the blue collar sector or the white-collar sector, your back is bound to feel pain from the pressure that builds on their spine over time. Pressure on the spine is a result of carrying heavy objects improperly, sitting for long hours, or standing for long hours. Most people tend to ignore back pain until it is too late and they are out of commission for weeks or months. Do not become part of this statistic. The best back support belt for lower back pain is constructed to be worn on the midsection with the purpose to provide superior support to your lower back, even when lifting heavy objects at work.
In this review, we explore why a back support belt is suitable for back pain and providing support. We are also going to have a look at the important things to look for in the best back support belt for lower back pain
Best Back Support Belt for Lower Back Pain- Why Use Back Support Belt for Back Pain?
Your back bears the brunt of the repetitive tasks you perform at your workplace. Each time you lift something heavy, sit for long hours or stand for long, your body naturally shifts the weight burden to your spine; creating pressure that results to back injuries.
By holding your stomach in, a back support belt increases pressure to the abdomen thus decreasing the burden on the spine and activating your other core muscles to provide support. Other benefits of using a good back brace include:
• Reduces strain on the back and prevents injuries
• Improves muscle tone and posture
• Enables one to work for long hours without back pain
What to Look for in the Best Back Support Belt for Lower Back Pain
When looking for a back support belt, there are a number of factors you need to consider. They include:
1. Comfort- Choose a back support belt that is comfortable and flexible. You can pick either hard support belts, which are highly efficient but will restrict your movement by up to 50%, or you can go for soft braces, which are made of elastic material that only limits the spine.
2. Material- effective back support braces are made of strong stretching fabric.
3. Stitching- choose a brace which is finely stitched to ensure its longevity.
Best Back Support Belt for Lower Back Pain Reviews (Our Top Picks)
Product Name Product Image Product Dimensions Product Sizing Product Weight Product Price Mueller Back Brace 6 x 5 x 4 inches Plus Size 50" - 70" 1.59 lbs AidBrace Support Belt - Size#1: Small/Medium (Belly:26"-36")
Size#2: L/XL (Belly Size: 37"-47")
Size#3: 2XL-3XL (Belly: 48"-58")
14.4 Ounces BraceUP Stabilizing Belt - XXL 6.6 Ounces Neotech Care Belt - XL 7 Ounces Valeo Belt 6 x 4 x 1 inches XL 1.19 lbs
1. Mueller Adjustable Lumbar Brace– Best Back Support Belt for Lower Back Pain
Mueller adjustable back support belt is a favorite pick among people who want to protect their abdomen and back from aches and pain. If you’re looking for the best back brace for lower back pain, the Mueller Adjustable Lumbar Brace is an excellent option.
This brace is fitted with removable lumbar pads. Removable pads allow you to can either be left in, to provide more support, or removed to allow more freedom of movement. This brace is made from breathable, lightweight material.
This lower back brace is fitted with flexible steel springs that enable it to fit in perfectly with your back. The inner plastic element keeps the belt from bunching or rolling. The Mueller adjustable belt measure 6 x 5 x 4 inches, weighs 15.7 ounces, and comes in two sizes.
• Regular- fits 28″-50″
• Plus size- fits 50″-70″
Mueller Adjustable Back Brace Pros
• It does not weaken stomach muscles.
• The stitching and material are of excellent quality; materials used include rubber (27%), polyester (40%) and nylon (33%)
• Can be used instead of lumbar cushions, so it’s ideal for use while driving and sitting at the office
• Ideal for spasms, strains, and sprains
• Easy to put on and remove
Mueller Adjustable Back Brace Cons
• This brace is not ideal for jobs that require a lot of lifting.
• Covers a significant part of the back and can be bulking beneath clothes
2. AidBrace Back Support Belt-Best Back Brace for Heavy Lifting
The AidBrace Back Support Brace is one of the best back braces for lifting in the market. This brace is designed to provide maximum support to your lower back while working. This back brace comes with a removable lumbar pad that provides extra support to your hips, back and abdomen area. The manufacturer has added a breathable mesh pattern.
This design is quite advantageous because it guarantees you that you will remain relaxed and comfortable even when working long shifts. This lumbar and back support brace is made from premium materials which ensure excellent sturdiness and durability. The sides are curved to help decrease the pressure in the stomach areas.
This belt also comes with adjustable side straps that permit tension adjustment. AidBrace back support belt comes in three sizes.
• Small and medium- measures 26″-36.”
• Large and extra large- measures 37″- 47″
• Double extra large and triple extra large- measures 48″-58″
AidBrace Support Brace Pros
• Can be worn comfortably under any standard cloth without showing or bulking out
• It’s a solid choice for people’s whose work involves a lot of lifting.
• It’s comfortable and very flexible; you can easily bend and stand up.
• Comes in different sizes; S/M, L/XL, 2XL/3XL
• Improves and maintains posture over time.
AidBrace Support Brace Cons
• The brace is slightly costlier than models by other brands
• It rides up when one is seated.
• It’s a bit bulk hence not ideal for people who have to move around a lot.
3. BraceUp Stabilizing Lower Back Brace- Best Back Support Belt for Lower Back Pain and Support
Produced by one of the world’s most trusted brands, the BraceUp Stabilizing Lower Back Brace allows freedom of movement while still providing full support to the abdominal areas. It’s also a great lower back support belt for lower back pain.
This lower back support belt has eight stays that deliver more support to the back. BraceUp Back Brace is designed to fit correctly and silicone straps that minimize bunching and slipping. Mesh panels are installed within this belt to prevent sweating and excessive heating while wearing the belt.
The dual adjustable straps enable you to customize support for a more comfortable fit. This belt weighs 6 ounces and comes in three different sizes
• Small/medium- fits 28″-35″
• Large/extra large- fits 35″-43″
• Double extra large- fits 43″53″
BraceUp Stabilizing Lower Back Brace Pros
• It’s more affordable compared to other support belts by other brands.
• It’s easy to clean and can be worn comfortably under regular clothes.
• Ideal for long distance driving
• Comes with a one-month money-back guarantee
• The curved design ensures less slipping and allows a snug fit
BraceUp Stabilizing Lower Back Brace Cons
• Though the mesh component is excellent, it not as efficient as the mesh component in other belts
• Provides medium level support which might be too little for people whose jobs involve heavy lifting
4. Neotech Care Back Brace–Best Back Brace for Heavy Lifting
The Neotech Care Back Brace is created by back experts for people whose jobs require a lot of standing and lifting of heavy items. It is also a solid choice for people suffering from degenerative disc disease and sciatica.
It’s one of the best back support belt for work as it’s wide to provide more coverage of the user’s back and is made of 65% polyester. This support easily attaches to the front using a Velcro closure. The side panels are breathable, allowing you to work for hours without sweating or feeling stuffy.
This support belt can help with pain from the center of the back, all the way to the buttocks. It weighs 7 ounces and comes in six sizes, which include:
• Small- fits 26″-29″
• Medium- fits 29″-35″
• Large- fits 35″-40″
• XL- fits 40″-44″
• XXL- fits 44.5″-49″
• XXXL- fits 49-57″-55″
Neotech Care Back Brace Pros
• Provides more back coverage than other back braces in the market
• The belt is finely stitched and has Velcro for longevity.
• It prevents a slouched position.
• Neotech Care Back Brace is machine washable.
Neotech Care Back Brace Cons
• This back support belt has a crinkling sound.
• It does not have a wide front
• The Velcro on this Neotech Care Back Brace is not of high quality as compared to other belts.
5. Valeo 4-inch Lifting Belt-Best Back Brace for Lifting and Back Pain
The Valeo Lifting Belt is one of the best back support belt for lifting. So if your jobs involves a lot of heavy lifting, the Valeo lifting belt is an excellent option. The belt is double stitched on the edges, and it is made of durable, thick leather. The leather is layered on top of each other to provide firm support and relieve pressure on your spine.
The inside is layered with suede to prevent slipping and provide comfort. The back is padded to deliver compression on the midsection. Valeo lifting belt has soft bound edges and waterproof foam core. This back support brace is ideal for beginner weightlifters, and it is recommended one should lift weight up to around 300lbs; the belt might give way under more massive load.
This belt weighs 8 ounces and measures 7 x 4 x 1.5 inches. This leather brace comes four sizes which include:
• Small- fits 24″-30″
• Medium- fits 31″-37″
• Large- fits 38″-44″
• XL- fits 45″-51″
Valeo 4-Inch Lifting Belt Pros
• It is one of the most affordable back support belts in the market.
• This Valeo belt is lighter than other belts.
• It comes with padded lumbar support.
• The suede absorbs the sweat, preventing the belt from slipping.
• This back support belt is machine washable and hands washable
Valeo 4-Inch Lifting Belt Cons
• It feels quite stiff when new.
• Does not provide even support around the midsection
• Not ideal for heavy lifters
Do not buy a belt according to your pant size. Instead, buy according to the size of the area around you belly, especially the navel area, or pick a size an inch higher than your waistline.
Best Back Support Belt for Lower Back Pain- Final Verdict
Back support belts are designed to help users cope with long-standing or sitting hours, heavy lifting, and eliminate pain on their back. These back support belts work better than creams and painkillers, flat shoes, or floor mats. The guide above covers the 5 best support belt for lower back pain and work that can be used by both women and men to effectively support their backs while working. Remember, check the features of each belt and only pick the best back support belt for lower back pain that meets all your needs.