Looking for the best low profile box spring in the market right now? Well, search no more because we have 7 perfect recommendations for you.
There are two main types of box springs. One of them is High Profile Box Spring and the other one is a Low Profile Box Spring.
High profile box springs which measure around 9 inches in height have been the standard size for many years now. However, with the increased height in modern mattresses, manufacturers and consumers alike are now opting for Low Profile box springs to accommodate the new height.
Low Profile box springs whose height ranges from 5 to 5.5 inches are now a popular choice as they tend to reduce mattress height. These types of box springs are generally ideal for the elderly and people with mobility issues as getting in and out of bed is easier compared to high beds.
They are also perfect for people who dislike sleeping on a bed that’s far from the floor.
Do Low Profile Box Springs Offer the Same Amount of Support as Standard Box Springs?
Low profile box springs are as good as the standard box springs as they offer the same amount of support on your mattress. These models are designed with the same durability, sturdiness, and stability as standard models. The weight distribution, comfort, and support is no different either.
Their only difference is reducing the height, nothing more. Plus they fit all kinds and sizes of mattresses and beds.
Why Go for a Box Spring at All
Box springs are typically placed on top of a bed frame (wooden or metal). Just like a good quality mattress supports your body, particularly your back, a box spring job is to ensure your mattress is properly supported.
This simply means that over time, your mattress will neither sag, warp, or cave in.
Box springs also reduce wear on your mattress as they tend to absorb shock. This means if you have a good mattress, it will last much longer while in a box spring.
Another thing, box springs raise the height of your mattress. You can either choose a high profile or low profile box spring- it all depends on your personal preference.
That said, let’s have a look at the 7 best low profile box springs for 2019.
7 Best Low Profile Box Springs-Our Top Picks
If you’re looking for a sturdy, strong, and durable low profile box spring for your mattress, then you’ll absolutely love the Zinus Armita 5-Inch Low Profile Smart Box Spring.
The Zinus Armita box spring offers the same look and functionality of a standard/traditional box spring, the only difference is that its constructed with steel for exceptional stability and durability.
The box spring measures 5 inches which makes it ideal for high modern mattresses.
Hate noisy beds? Well, the Zinus Armita 5 Inch box spring eliminates this problem as it comes with a foam padded tape that is attached onto the steel frame to reduce noise.
It’s available in different sizes which include Twin, Twin XL, Full, Queen, King, and California King.
Assembling the box spring is pretty easy as it comes with all the necessary tools to make the process easier and quicker.
You’ll also love the fact that this box spring arrives in a compact packaging that allows it to fit in tight spaces such as stairs, doorways, and hallways.
Overall, this is the best low profile box spring you’ll find in the market right now. It’s one of the best-selling and budget-friendly low profile box springs right now. It’s an ideal investment if you want to keep your mattress in shape for years.
NB: Bed frame is not included.
Zinus Armita 5 Inches Low Profile Smart Box Spring Pros and Cons
- Incredibly strong, sturdy, stable, and long-lasting box-spring
- Perfect for high density mattresses
- Noise-free box spring
- Easy to assemble
- Increased comfort and support
- Available in a wide-range of sizes
- Backed by a 5 Year Worry-Free Manufacturer’s Warranty
- Compact packaging for easier transportation through stairs, hallways, and doorways
- Affordable compared to some models
- Few complaints about bent metal parts
Also from Zinus is the Zinus Walter 4 Inch Low Profile Metal Box Spring with Wood Slats.
Like our top Zinus Box Spring recommendation, the Walter 4 inch box spring offers the same look and functionality of a traditional box spring. To ensure stability and durability, this box spring also boasts of a highly sturdy steel construction.
The included wood slats provide additional support and strength to your mattress, thus providing you with additional comfort as well.
The box spring measures 4 inches, which makes it a low profile box spring and is thus perfect for high profile mattresses.
It fits perfectly in standard size bed frames and is a great investment if you’re looking for something durable and affordable.
The box spring is easy to assemble and all the necessary tools are included to make the process hassle-free.
Included is a 5 Year Worry-Free Limited Warranty so if for any reason you’re not happy with the box spring, you can return it for a full refund or replacement.
Zinus Walter 4 Inch Low Profile Metal Box Spring with Wood Slats Pros and Cons
- Strong and sturdy box spring with wood slats for added support
- Durable box spring- will last for years
- Quiet- no squeaking
- Wood slats wont shift
- Comes with a worry-free 5 Year limited warranty
- Box spring is easy and quick to assemble
- Available in a wide-range of sizes from Twin, Twin XL, Full, Queen, California, and King
- Compact packaging for easy transportation through hallways, doorways, and stairs
- Budget- friendly
- None yet
This 4 inch low profile bifold box spring from Zinus has a number of perks that you’ll love.
Apart from being the ideal choice for your high profile mattress, the Zinus Jayanna Low Profile Box Spring folds into two for easier maneuverability. Unlike most traditional box springs, this box spring compresses and will therefore pass through tight places like stairs, doorways, and hallways with great ease.
Its basically foundation for folding mattresses.
Another advantage is that the Jayanna does not require any assembly. All you have to do is open the box, slide the box spring out, and unfold it. That’s all!
Even with its innovative design, the Zinus Jayanna 4 Inch low profile bifold box spring offers the same look and functionality of a standard box spring. The only difference is that its constructed with heavy duty steel to ensure maximum durability.
Overall, the Zinus Jayanna low profile box spring is an excellent choice if you’re looking for the perfect box spring for your folding mattress. It also works great for regular mattresses as well. Its also available in various sizes.
Zinus Jayanna 4 Inch Low Profile BiFold Box Spring Pros and Cons
- Low profile box spring-perfect for high profile mattresses
- Bifold box spring for easier maneuverability and a great choice for folding mattresses
- Strong, sturdy, and durable, thanks to its heavy duty steel construction
- Does not require any assembly
- Comes with a tough, durable, and easy to clean Poly Jacquard Cover
- Backed by a 5-Year Worry-Free Limited Warranty
- A little bit more expensive compared to other models
Also read: Best Living Room Chairs for Lower Back Pain
Yet another popular and best-selling low profile box spring from Zinus.
The Zinus Victor 4 Inch Low Profile Quick Lock Smart Box Spring features a sturdy steel construction that ensures your mattress stays intact for years. No sagging whatsoever. Even better, the steel slats are only 3 inches apart, which mean more stability, support, and durability.
Assembling the box spring is easy, thanks to its Quick Lock feature- no tools are needed to assemble.
Another important feature is the Foam Padded Tape that is added to the steel structure to help reduce noise. It eliminates the annoying squeaking found in most low quality box springs and frames.
Its 4 inch height is ideal for high profile mattresses.
Overall, the Zinus Victor 4 Inch Low Profile box spring is a perfect choice if you’re looking for a high-quality box spring at an affordable price. And like all the Zinus Box Springs we’ve reviewed, this model is backed with a 5-Year Worry-Free Limited Warranty for assurity and peace of mind.
Zinus Victor 4 Inch Low Profile Quick Lock Smart Box Spring Pros and Cons
- Box spring features a sturdy steel construction for long-lasting durability, stability, and great support for your mattress
- Perfect for high profile mattress without the unnecessary height
- No squeaking thanks to the foam padded tape attached on the steel structure
- Features a quick-locking mechanism for easy and fast assembly
- Provides the same functionality of traditional box spring but with the highly durable steel construction
- Compact packaging- will fit through tight spaces like stairs, doorways, and hallways
- Backed by a 5 Year Limited Manufacturer’s Warranty
- Available in various sizes
- Few complaints about missing parts
And our 5th recommendation also goes to Zinus!
Well, the Zinus Edgar 4 Inch Low Profile Wood Box Spring is strong, sturdy, and designed to provide strong support and stability for your mattress on a daily basis.
The only difference between this box spring and the other box springs we’ve reviewed is the fact that the Edgar model is made precisely from wood. It does not have a steel structure.
This particular model provides the same look, functionality, and support of traditional and steel box springs. The box spring is also easy to maneuver in your home, especially in tight spaces like the stairs or hallways as it’s shipped in separate pieces which are also easy and quick to assemble.
Being a 4 inch low profile box springs means that its perfect for high profile mattress so you won’t have to sleep too high from the ground.
Overall, the Zinus Edgar 4 Inch Low Profile Wood Box Spring is an ideal low profile box spring especially if you prefer wooden to steel box springs.
Zinus Edgar 4 Inch Low Profile Wood Box Spring / Mattress Foundation Pros and Cons
- Strong, sturdy, and durable wooden box spring
- Available in various sizes
- Perfect for high profile mattresses
- Easy to assemble
- Easy to maneuver through the house as its shipped in manageable pieces
- Offers the same functionality and support as traditional box springs
- Comes with a 5-Year Worry-Free Limited Warranty
- A little bit affordable compared to some models
- Few complaints about the wood box spring arriving cracked- probably due to mishandling during shipping
The Best Price Mattress Low Profile Bi Heavy Duty Box Spring is a perfect choice if you have a folding mattress. It folds for hassle-free storage and easier maneuverability while transporting it through the stairs, doorways, and hallways.
With a 4 inches height, this low profile box spring is ideal for high profile mattresses.
Although it has been constructed to have the same look and functionality of a traditional box spring, this BiFold box spring features a highly durable and sturdy heavy-duty steel construction.
It will provide exceptional support and stability to your mattress so it won’t sag or cave in even after years of use.
This box spring does not require any assembling. All you have to do is remove it from the box, unfold it, and you’re good to go.
The box spring is backed by a Worry-Free 5-Year Warranty, so something about it doesn’t impress you, you can simply return it for a full refund or replacement.
Best Price Mattress Low Profile Bi Heavy Duty Box Spring Pros and Cons
- Durable heavy-duty steel construction- will last for years
- Provides exceptional support and stability for your mattress
- Folds easily for storage and maneuverability
- Bifold design, ideal for folding mattresses
- Does not require any assembly, its ready to use out of the box!
- 4 inch height- perfect for high profile mattress
- Doesn’t come cheap- this box spring is more expensive compared to most of the models we’ve reviewed above
The Spinal Solution Low Profile Box Spring is another excellent choice especially if you prefer wooden box springs.
Measuring 4 inches in height, this box spring is ideal for your high profile mattress.
If you’re worried about the strength and stability of this wooden box spring, worry no more because the manufacturer assures you that the box spring is made precisely from dense lumber. This means it’s much more stronger, highly supportive, and durable. It won’t loosen up over time or crack. It does a really great job protecting your mattress against wear and keeping it in good shape.
This box spring does not require any assembly. It arrives fully assembled and all you have to do is simply get it out of the box and install it.
It works with all types and sizes of mattresses, from Twin, Full, Full XL, Queen, King, and California King.
Overall, the Spinal Solution low profile box spring is a perfect choice if you’re looking for a sturdy wooden low profile box spring.
Spinal Solution 4-inch Low Profile Fully Assembled Foundation/Box Spring Pros and Cons
- Strong and sturdy wooden structure- made with dense lumber for durability
- Lightweight yet highly sturdy
- Designed to offer your mattress maximum support
- Comes fully assembled- no assembly is needed
- Great for high profile mattresses
- Available in different mattress sizes
- Easy and quick to set up
- Designed to provide the same support and functionality of a traditional box spring
- A little bit more expensive compared to some of the popular models we’ve reviewed above
Wrapping it Up
As we discussed earlier, a low profile box spring doesn’t just reduce the height from the ground, it’s an ideal choice for people with mobility problems as well as the elderly. Considering there are two options available- wooden and steel structures, all you have to do is select one that you feel will serve the purpose best.
Otherwise, I hope this review will help you make the most informed decision when choosing the best low profile box spring. Good luck!