Looking for the best twin xl mattress for adjustable bed? Well, we have just the perfect recommendations for you! Below is a comprehensive review of the 5 best twin xl mattresses for an adjustable bed base.
A twin xl mattress has similar width to the standard twin mattress. The only difference is that twin xl mattresses are 5 inches longer compared to regular twin mattresses.
The extra length gives the twin xl the advantage of better comfort and flexibility. It’s especially a perfect choice for taller individuals who require more legroom. No more hanging your legs on the edges.
The twin xl mattress is also a great addition to an adjustable bed. All you have to do is choose the correct bed base size that will accommodate the extra inches in the twin xl.
That said, let’s have a look at 5 of the best twin xl mattresses for adjustable bed bases.
The 5 Best Twin XL Mattresses for Adjustable Beds
The LUCID 10 Inch Twin XL Gel Memory Foam Mattress work nicely when used together with a adjustable bed base.
The mattress measures 80 x 39 x 10 inches and weighs 36 pounds and comprises of two layers; 2.5 Inches of ventilated gel memory foam and a 7.5 Inches layer of high density support foam. The goal of this innovative construction is to ensure high support level and exceptional comfort while providing support for your pressure points.
The mattress is also infused with heat-capturing gel that regulates temperature as you sleep. To further ensure a comfortable sleeping temperature, the surfaces of the memory foam is ventilated to enhance airflow. To further enhance airflow, the mattress’s cover is soft and breathable. This makes it ideal for hot sleepers.
Another feature worth noting is the Open Cell Structure of the memory foam which allows the mattress to remain stable, comfortable, and supportive over the years- no body impressions or sagging.
Overall, besides being a great option for your adjustable bed, this mattress comes with all the best features of a premium mattress at an affordable cost. Its comfortable, supportive, flexible, and highly durable.
More Features and Pros
- Compatible with all types of bed frames, including an adjustable bed frame
- Comfortable and very supportive
- Pressure relieving mattress and an excellent choice for preventing back pain, posture problems, sciatica pain, hip pain, si joint pain, and more
- Built to last- made with high grade foam and consist of two thick layers for superior support and durability
- CertiPUR-US certified for safety, performance, and environment friendliness
- Shipped smartly and easy to set up
- Backed by a 10-Year Warranty against manufacturer defect
- Mattress is firm unlike the manufacturer’s claim that its plush
Our 2nd best twin xl mattress for adjustable bed is the LUCID 12 Inch Twin XL Hybrid Mattress.
This mattress differs from our top LUCID mattress pick as its memory foam is infused with Bamboo Charcoal and Aloe Vera. It also contains some motion isolating springs and is basically a Hybrid mattress.
Moving on, this particular model measures 80 x 39 x 12 inches and weighs 62.8 pounds. With the additional inches in length and thickness, this mattress will provide you with unmatched comfort and support. It’s definitely a perfect choice for taller individuals who need a little more legroom.
As a heavy- duty mattress (thanks to its 12 inch thickness and high-density foam, the LUCID 12 Inch Twin XL Hybrid Mattress is also an excellent choice for heavier individuals.
So what really makes up the LUCID 12 inch twin xl mattress? Well, the mattress features a 3.5 inches foam layer that is infused with Bamboo Charcoal and Aloe Vera. The purpose is to help maintain freshness by minimizing odors from the foam.
The bottom layer consists of 6.5 inches of individually-encased coil base that is constructed with high gauge steel. The coils provide the much needed support, increase airflow, isolate movement, and properly align your spine so you can have the best sleep.
The mattress also features 6.5 inches of edge support for even better support and durability.
The Lucid 12 Inch Twin XL does cost a little bit more compared to our top pick and other popular mattresses in the market. However, it’s one of the best investments you’ll ever make despite the cost.
Its compatible with an adjustable base and the manufacturer actually sells a matching adjustable bed base. You can either purchase just the mattress or together with the adjustable bed base.
More Features and Pros
- High quality mattress and remains fresh for the longest time possible, thanks to the charcoal and aloe vera infusions
- Provides great pressure relief and medium plush support, preventing pressure sores, lower back pain, posture problems, and more
- Built-to-last- constructed with the best quality foam and encased coils for stability and durability
- Smartly shipped, easy to transport through tight spaces, and easy to set-up
- Comes with a durable and protective knit fabric cover
- Backed by a 10 Year Warranty
- Includes a 100 Night Risk-Free Trial- return the mattress for a full refund if not happy with it
- Available in different styles and sizes
- A little bit expensive compared to some top models