Looking for the best u shaped body pillow for pregnancy? Well, worry not. Here are the 7 best u-shaped body pillows that will help you sleep better by increasing comfort, support, and reducing pressure points for a pain-free sleep.
Pregnancy comes with a lot of challenges. Besides the recurrent morning sickness and discomfort of carrying the extra weight, finding the perfect sleeping position can prove to be a big challenge.
It gets even worse during the second and third trimester when the tummy is bigger and with the extra weight putting so much pressure on your back, hips, and joints.
Considering the fact that this is the period where you need to rest and relax more, a pregnancy pillow can come in very handy in helping you achieve quality sleep and rest.
Why Do You Need a U-Shaped Body Pillow During Pregnancy?
As your belly grows, especially during the second and third trimester, it’s advisable to adopt safer sleeping positions like side sleeping which is often recommended for the safety of the unborn baby.
If you’re used to sleeping on your back or stomach, you might find sleeping on the side a little bit difficult. Luckily, U-shaped Body Pillows are an ideal choice for side sleeping during pregnancy as they provide exceptional support to strategic parts of your body like your belly, back, joints, hips and knees.
These pillows also do a great job reducing pressure points on your hips and back, thus reducing your risk of developing lower back pain, hip pain, joint pain as well as muscle aches and soreness.
The provide the much needed comfort and support to help you enjoy relaxing sleep and wake up feeling fresh and pain free.
That said, below are 7 best u shaped body pillows that will provide you with great comfort and support throughout your pregnancy.
NB: These body pillows can be used by non-pregnant people as well. They are especially an ideal choice for side-sleepers and those with lower back, hip, and joint pain.
Best U Shaped Body Pillow- Our Top 5 Picks and Buyer’s Guide
The Queen Rose U-Shaped Pregnancy Pillow is currently one of the best-selling and highest-rated u-shaped body pillows in the market right now- and its all for the good reasons.
This body pillow offers full body support by creating comfortable sleeping positions to ensure painless and improved sleep quality.
With its unique U-shaped designed, this pillow follows the shape of a pregnant mom, offering added support and comfort to the legs, belly, back, as well as hips. And being an oversized u shaped pillow, the Queen Rose is wide and long enough to allow you comfortably stretch out and support the two sides of your body.
Even better, thanks to its very innovative design, you can comfortably use this u shaped pillow not just for sleeping in, but for nursing, watching TV in bed, as well as reading.
The Queen Rose Pregnancy Pillow isn’t just designed for pregnant and nursing moms- anyone can use it. It can be especially beneficial for people suffering from sciatica, fibromyalgia, carpal tunnel syndrome, gastric reflux, congestion, those suffering from extreme fatigue, sleeplessness, and more.
Overall, the Queen Rose Body Pillow is the best u shaped pregnancy and body pillow that will offer you the much needed comfort and support as you sleep.
More Features and Pros of the Queen Rose Pregnancy Body Pillow
- Improves comfort and support for pregnant moms
- Multipurpose- can also be used by anyone suffering from insomnia, sciatica, congestion, excessive fatigue, fibromyalgia, and more
- Reduces leg sore and swelling especially during pregnancy
- Enhances circulation
- Hypoallergenic outer cover- won’t irritate your skin- perfect choice if you suffer from allergies
- Removable machine-washable outer cover
- Adjustable poly-fill so you can adjust it for added comfort and support
- Backed by a 90-Day Warranty- if not pleased, you can simply return it
- Affordable compared to some models
- May not be ideal if you’re tall-seems like it’s designed for average height people
The Leachco Back ‘N Belly Chic Body Pregnancy Pillow is not your usual pregnancy pillow.
Unlike most body pillows, the Leachco boasts of an hourglass shape with inner contours that follow your body’s natural curves regardless of what position you sleep in. This allows it to provide the same amount of support and comfort to your belly and back.
An oversized body pillow, the Leachco chic pregnancy pillow allows for multiple sleeping positions to ensure you get the much needed support and comfort while sleeping. The pillow also properly aligns your hips which ensures neutral joint positioning, as well as reducing any pressure points on your hips and joints.
The pillow is designed in a way that allows you to reverse or overlap the ends so you can easily elevate either your lower or upper body.
Another important benefit is that you don’t have to reposition the pillow during the night. All you have to do is turn from side to side and sleep your way throughout the night!
Even better, this prevents against neck and shoulder pain while sleeping thanks to the comfort neck curve feature that provides additional support and comfort for your neck and shoulders.
The Leachco Pillow is a perfect solution for pregnancy, chronic pain, congestion, carpal tunnel syndrome, gastric reflux, fibromyalgia, excessive fatigue, and more.
More Features and Pros of the Leachco Back ‘N Belly Chic Body Pregnancy Pillow
- Ideal for pregnant moms and any other person with a bad back
- Features a clever design that lets you sleep soundly without having to reposition the pillow
- Inner contours provide comfort by cradling your natural curves
- Durable construction-outer cover is made with 100% cotton
- Features a stylish zippered cover that opens and closes easily
- Made in USA
- Cover is removable and machine washable
- Pillow should only be spot cleaned- no machine washing
- Almost two times more expensive compared to most body pillows in the market
- Tall people may not find it exactly comfortable- might need a few more inches
The PharMeDoc Pregnancy Body Pillow is another popular choice among pregnant and non pregnant women thanks to its U-shaped design that conforms to your natural curves, thus providing exceptional support for your belly, neck, head, knees, back, and joints.
This maternity body pillow also helps to eliminate any pain and discomfort caused by sciatica, gastric reflux, congestion, carpal tunnel syndrome, fibromyalgia, and more.
Pregnant women, especially those in the second and third trimester will find this body pillow to be incredibly comfortable as it makes side sleeping even more comfortable. It also makes an excellent pillow for nursing, watching TV, reading, and more.
Even better, this pillow has Detachable Extension that can easily be attached to the main body pillow for added belly or back support, or removed and use it as a full body pillow.
Whichever way you use it, this body pillow will ensure you get the much needed comfort and relaxation all through the night.
The PharMedDoc Body Pregnancy Pillow also contains adjustable pollyfill materials that lets you adjust the pillow to a position that suits your comfort needs.
Overall, the PharMedDoc Body Pregnancy Pillow is the perfect full u shaped body pillow that will ensure a painless and comfortable sleep.
More Features and Pros of the PharMedDoc Body Pregnancy Pillow
- Ideal pillow for back pain, neck support, hip pain, extreme fatigue, and other related issues
- Perfect choice for pregnant moms to ensure safer sleeping position and added comfort/support
- Detachable extension for added comfort and support
- Adjustable filling which prevents tossing and turning during the night
- Perfect for anyone recovering from surgery
- Ideal for anyone who wants to eliminate the use of separate pillows for the head, back, knees, and legs- it serves as a multipurpose body pillow
- Comes with a removable and machine washable zipper cover
- Ideal choice for tall people
- Numerous positive reviews from happy customers
- Backed by manufacturer’s Lifetime Guarantee
- May not be large enough for heavier and larger people
The only difference between this PharMeDoc U- Shaped Pregnancy Body Pillow and our number three PharMeDoc Pregnancy pillow is the fact that the former is just few inches wide than the latter, and this makes it ideal for people with larger bodies or women with larger pregnancy tummies.
Otherwise, the comfort, support, and design is pretty much similar.
Now, the new PharMeDoc Pregnancy Pillow provides maximum support and comfort to your back, neck, hips, head, and knees, thanks to its innovative U-shaped design. It also provides the much needed comfort and relief from pain and extreme discomfort associated with pregnancy, sciatica, hip pain, gastric reflux, fibromyalgia, and other related conditions.
Because it’s longer, this pregnancy pillow is a perfect choice for taller individuals. It will provide the much needed support and comfort from head to toe. This eliminates the need to use separate support pillows for head, neck, knees, and legs.
The PharMeDoc Pregnancy Body Pillow also comes with a detachable extension that can easily be attached to the main body to provide additional comfort to the belly and back, or you can use it as an individual full body pillow.
The pillow itself is packed with adjustable polyfill blend material that provides a soft, luxurious comfort in addition to great support density as you lie on it.
Overall, the PharMeDoc Pregnancy Body Pillow does not disappoint when it comes to providing comfort, support, and relaxation. It’s also a multipurpose body pillow, meaning you can use it for nursing, watching TV, reading, and more.
More Features and Pros
- Provides full body support, especially for pregnant moms
- Ideal for back pain, hip pain, joint pain, sciatica pain, and more
- U-shaped design provides the ideal balance between comfort and support of your hips, neck, back, belly, and head
- Made with soft material for added comfort
- Built to last-double-stitched all the way to prevent the seams from ripping off and for increased durability
- Comes with a removable, machine washable cover
- Long and wide- perfect for both tall and heavy users
- Backed by Manufacturer’s Lifetime Warranty
- Quite affordable compared to other models we’ve reviewed
- Numerous positive reviews from satisfied customers
- Few complaints about the zipper being flimsy